We glorify God for the ways God is making use of the mission prioritized Nigerian Baptist Convention family leaders and members to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to hear the Gospel message of Salvation, Redemption and Release through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. May God reward your love, support, sacrifices and passion for God’s Kingdom expansion. Amen.
The Global Missions Board is appreciative of all our leaders and Pastors. We do appreciate your love, support, encouragement and understanding all the time. May God reward you all in Jesus name. Amen. We are humbly requesting for more of you unalloyed support and partnership in the following arears:
- Observance of the Home and International Emphasis programs by all our Baptist Churches and by sending the mission offerings to GMB (Global Missions Board, Zenith Bank Plc: 1010490546). May God reward your love and sacrifices for Kingdom Growth. Amen.
- Encouraging every Nigerian Baptist member, families, Churches, Associations, Conferences, Bodies and Institutions to be active participants in the Ten Naira Monthly Support for GMB Infrastructural Missions. I am glad to inform you that this is now the second major source of income for GMB after the monthly support from the Convention. If every NBC member can be part of this support, it can even surpass the monthly support of the Convention family through the Baptist building for frontier missions. We thank those who are already supporting the GMB regularly through this monthly Ten Naira Support. We encourage everyone to belief in not what Ten Naira can do, but to believe in what God can do through our partnership if we can all put our ten- ten Naira together every month. May God continue to make us one in His love and service. Thank you all.
- Encouraging our Churches to prioritize the attendance of our yearly Church Growth / Mission Summit Programmes. This will afford us as a denomination to come together at this forum every year to assess and re-assess our mission and Church growth strategies, challenges, etc., consequently making us to see how we can partner with God and with one another in better ways. May God depend on us.
PARTNERING TOGETHER TO OPEN NEW FRONTIERS IN SOUTH SUDAN, NIGER REPUBLIC AND COTE D”IVOIRE
- The river passing through the garden of Eden in Gen 2: 10-14 with one of the branches watering the land of Cush (present day South Sudan and Ethiopia), is believed to be the present day river Nile. It is also believed that the Garden of Eden location is somewhere in present day South Sudan.
- This is the only North African Country that is believed to be a Christian Country. It is also the only North African country where English is the official language and Arabic language is spoken by many of the indigenes.
- Let us join God to enter this land for missions, evangelism and discipleship through human needs ministry of education, health care services, agriculture, empowerment, etc. We can disciple the locals and send them as missionaries to other North African Countries and the Arab World as many South Sudanese speak Arab language.
- MMU of Victory Baptist Church, Ajah , Lagos entered this land in partnership with GMB the year baba Ayokunle commenced service as our President. God has enabled them to start a Church in Juba, the Capital of South Sudan.
- More partners are needed. The more we are, the better, cheaper, easier and more Christ-like our joint partnership and ministry will be. May God depend on us all. Amen.
- This West African Country has a Christian Population of 0.3 % and a Muslim Population of 97%. She shares border with seven Nigerian Northern States of: Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa, Katsina, Yobe and Bornu.
- We have Baptist presence through few of our Pastors and Churches.
- We thank God that our NBC President and the board of GMB have given us the go ahead and the marching order to commence active ministry in this land.
- Lighthouse Baptist Church, Ibadan, New Heritage Baptist Church, Lagos and the national MMU are planning and preparing to visit this land. MMU is planning on going before the end of September and Lighthouse and New Heritage are planning on going before the end of October.
- Lighthouse BC, Ibadan, New heritage BC Lagos, Molete BC Ibadan and MMU are ready to partner with GMB in this land.
- More partners are needed. The more we are, the easier, cheaper, more meaningful and more Christlike our joint partnership and ministry will be. May God depend on us all. Amen.
- Cote D’Ivoire is an agrarian Country in West Africa.
- She has a Muslim population of 42% and a Christian population of 34%
- Ministry over the year through NBC and other Churches, bodies, groups and agencies have resulted in the planting of many Churches, but mostly in the Southern part of the Country.
- The indigenous Baptist Convention till date has only two Churches in the North while our NBC ministry in this land too has a Church and a preaching station in the North. The North is dominated by Muslims and African Traditional Religion believers.
- We thank God for our President’s initiative to ensure that we all work together. This is the brain behind the working together of GMB of NBC and the indigenous Baptist of Cote D’Ivoire. Through this partnership, indigenes will be trained in their School of Theology in Toumodi. This will let us have enough indigenous hands to serve as evangelists, missionaries and Pastors.
- Partners are needed to ensure the success of this partnership. The more we are, the easier, cheaper, more meaningful, more glorious and more Christ-like it will be. May God depend on us all.
Thank you all for all the ways God is using you all to ensure that Christ is known in all nation. You will not lose nor miss your reward in Jesus name. Amen.
ADEWUMI, JOHN OLUWAFEMI