Brief on Field
Bassa is a Local Government Area in Kogi State, Nigeria. Its northern border is the Benue River and its western border is the Niger River. Its headquarters is in the town of Oguma. It has an area of 1,925 km² and a population of 139,993 at the 2006 census.
Bassa people are peace loving and most of them are living among mountains. They are surrounded by seasonal streams and rivers, which cut off most of the inhabitants during the raining season.
The people are mainly Gbagyi speaking but some of them can still speak Hausa. The main tribal groups who co-habit the land are Hausa and Fulani. The people are predominantly Muslims (92%) while Christians and animists make the remaining 8%.
The field was established in 2003 and the first missionary couple are Rev. & Pastor (Mrs.) Bonibaiyede David, A. Sunday. At present, the field has 3 primary schools, a Clinic at Bassa and 20 churches
People Groups on Focus: Bassas, Baushis, Gwaris, Fulanis, Pangus, Mangus and Hausas.
How you can be Involved.
- Prayer support for the missionary couple, mission Pastors and the entire field.
- Training of indigenes in our theological schools.
- Medical evangelism (clinic and primary health care centres).
- Social and developmental evangelism (construction of wells, culvert and bridges).
- Employing teachers to the existing schools.
- We need someone to donate a motorcycle to the field.
People Groups on Focus: Fulanis
General Fulani Field Mandates
- Regular Outreach programmes such as Film, medical, one to one witnessing, animal health ministry etc, at least twice in a month.
- Weekly visit to some Fulani Camps or markets to meet prospects and get new contacts
- To make sure regular Discipleship programmes and literacy classes are run in some selected centres or planted Churches.
- Establish 2 Churches in villages where there are converts and acceptability of the ministry by the villagers.
- Establishment of 2 Nursery and Primary Schools among the target People Groups.