The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain, is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The United Kingdom consists of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The latter three have developed administrations, each with varying powers, based in their capital cities, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast respectively.
The United Kingdom (UK) has an industrialized economy with complete religious freedom, but with a century-long decline in church membership and attendance. There is increasing violence and breakdown of moral and biblical standard. These include: violence in the cities, divorce, drug abuse, immorality and vast majority of the churches turned into Mosques, hotels, cinema houses etc. Anglican and Methodists church buildings are being sold out for various uses that are not godly.
Christianity is 60%, islam is 10%, atheists are 26% buddists are 0.2%, hindus are 0.5%, the Jews take 1% and Sikhs are 0.5%
People Groups on Focus: Baptists and other Nigerians in Diaspora
- To organize and facilitate Church members to reach out through planned witnessing such as home prayer meetings in the house of prospects, meal fellowship .e.t.c
- Establishment of regular Discipleship programmes in the Church.
- Growing the Church to self-sustaining, self-propagating and self-governing by 2020.
- Organize a viable children ministry, youth ministry, men and women ministry etc in line with the Baptist doctrines and beliefs.
- To plant 1 viable Church within 5 years.
How can we be involved
- Through your prayers. We need continuous prayers for the Church and the leadership for God’s grace to reach out effectively.
- Nigerian Baptist Convention members who visit the United Kingdom on private or official visit to worship and support the work there.
- Those who have interest in International mission can partner with the Church in reaching out to many citizen of that land.
- Pray that our corporate efforts in taking the gospel back to Europe under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, will prosper and bring harvest of souls to God’s Kingdom.
- Pray that God will provide resources for the Convention, for the work because it is expensive to do missions especially in the UK.
- Ask that God will enlist more churches both in the UK and Nigeria, to be aligned with the partnership so that together we will “engage new gates” in the UK.
- Pray for the family of our missionary couple in London that God will keep, protect and provide for them and that God will enable them to do missions appropriately.
- Pray against every spirit of nominalism, secularism, violence and crime, divorce and immorality working against the gospel in the lives of people in the UK.
<li>Encouraging and mobilizing existing Yoruba churches towards indigenous missions</li>
<li>Partnering with the indigenous Baptist Union and the Yoruba Baptist Conference for a concerted missions work in the northern part of the country.</li>
<li>Translating major NBC literature that can enhance the spiritual growth of members and working towards raising indigenous writers that will take over the responsibility of developing this literatures in the future.</li>
<li>Partnering with the indigenous Baptist Union of Cote D’Ivoire in the area of Church Growth, Leadership development in providing qualified faculty members for the indigenous Seminary, helping in standardizing the curriculum, facilitating in training apex leaders in Nigerian Theological Institutions and subsuming our School of Missions programmes into the indigenous Seminary’s programme.</li>