Kyengawa Home Mission Field is one of our ministry points in Kebbi State. It covers the area where the Kyengawa people live on the borders of Nigeria, Benin and Niger Republic. In Nigeria, the Kyengawa people populate the following Local Government Areas in Kebbi State: Dandi, Bunza, Dakingari, Bagudo, Maiyama and Shanga Local Government Areas (LGAs). People Groups who live in Kyengawa Home Mission field are the Kyengawas, the Bokos, the Busas, the Kabawas and the Zabarumas, etc. The missionaries on the field are Pastor and Mrs Jeremiah Oluwagbemi.
Religious and Cultural Beliefs
The Kyengawa people group are animistic in nature with strong magical power, demonic and given to local beer. Many of them have been converted to Islam for centuries ago. Islam is the dominant religion in Kyengawa Home Mission Field. African Traditional Religion is practiced by few people on the field. The impact of Christianity is still very negligible on the field reason being that, Islamic teachings for long had made them to be conservative, hostile in nature and unreceptive to the gospel. In fact, there are some places where Christians are not welcome and lands are not sold for building Churches. The people groups share some common cultural characteristics such as unique tribal marks by which they can be identified anywhere. The general languages spoken by majority of the ethnic groups are Hausa, and Zabaruma. Farming is the main occupation in the area.
People Groups on Focus: Kyangawas, Bokos/Bisas, Kabawas and Zabarumas/Dandi
- Regular Outreach programmes such as Film, medical, one to one witnessing, crusade etc, least twice in a month
- To make sure a regular Discipleship programmes and literacy classes are been run in all the worship centres.
- To start one worship center each among all the target People Groups.
- Two Mission Houses are to be completed at Kyangakwai and Shanji to support the work on the field.
- To train at least 2 indigenous Pastors each among the the target People Groups.
- To establish a Missions Clinic at Kyangakwai.
- To sink 2 wells at Sambe Mission Station in order to provide good drinking water.
- To establish a Nursery and Primary School to cater for the educational development of the children in the community.