It was established in 2004 and officially declared by the Nigerian Baptist Convention as one of Home Mission Fields of Global Mission Board of Nigeria Baptist Convention in 2015. The first acting missionary was Late Rev. Ogunsemore and after him were these missionaries: Rev. & Mrs. Saturday Obateru (who became the first full-time missionary), Rev. & Mrs. Soar Akanbi, and Rev. & Mrs. Solomon and Ruth Olaniran (May 2013 – till date).
OUR PROGRESS SO FAR
The Ilaje Side
Ilaje has four geographical areas. They are: Ugbo, Mahin, Etikan and Aheri. In Ugbo Kingdom, we have 92 communities. We met 2 Baptist churches on ground, but now we have 8 growing Churches. In Mahin Kingdom, we have 88 communities; we met 3 Baptist churches on ground, but now we have 8 churches in Mahin Kingdom.
In Etikan, we have 34 communities. We met no church there but now we have one church in this kingdom. In Aheri Kingdom, we met no church there and since we came to Ilaje, we have been working tirelessly to plant a Church in this Kingdom but Zion and White garment churches did not allow us. Please intensify your prayers for us to break through.
The Apoi Side
Apoi has nine communities and we met only two Baptist churches when GMB came to the place, but now we have 7 churches in 7 communities and we are working seriously to plant more churches in the remaining part of the communities. The traditional worshipers are highly strong (having upper hand) in Apoi Land.
PROJECTS PRESENTLY EMBARKED ON
(1) Halleluyah Baptist Church worship centre building project now on roofing level, we need N500,000.00 to roof it.
(2) Dominion Baptist Church building project is on water, we need N550,000.00 to complete the building (for flooring, wood, side zinc and Cameroon zinc).
(3) F.B.C Odunoyinbo church project is also on water, it remains only side zinc which will cost N250,000.00 to complete it.
(4) Our only field flying Boat has been in a state of disrepair since last year. To repair it, it will cost us N220,000.00 out of which we raised N110,000.00 at present we are in need of N110,000.00.
(5) Building of Shepherd Hill Baptist Church mission house; we will need N450,000.00 to complete it.
OUR CHALLENGES ON THE FIELD
1. In some areas on the field, there is no drinkable water, area like Igbokoda and all our churches on water. We are buying water for drinking.
2. Lack of electricity: for the past 10 years, we have no electricity supply in our field at all
3. White garment churches are in the majority on the field, even other denominations are not allowed to preach or plant churches in some communities e.g. Ugbonla, Zion-Pepe, Aiyetoro and others.
4. Local traditions which support polygamy, drunkenness and idol worship is seriously militating against the work of missions and this is in turn affecting the growth of the churches on the field.
5. Market day falling on Sundays do affect church service.
6. Flooding during the rainy season affects church service.
We are sincerely grateful to God and to all families, churches, individuals and organizations for prayers and financial support for the work on the field; we pray that God will reward and bless you in all ramifications in Jesus name.
The list below are the names of those that partnered with us:
1. Christ Baptist Church, Gbagada. She adopted 2 churches with their Pastors
2. Ijeru Baptist church, Ogbomosho adopted 1 church with the Pastor
3. Zion Baptist Church, Akure. She adopted 1 church with the pastor
4. WMU Lagos West Conference. She adopted 1 church with the pastor.
5. WMU Ondo State Baptist Conference. She adopted 1 church with the pastor.
6. His Royal Highness, Oba Deacon Prof. & Mrs. Amaseghan of Apoi land, built a church and are at present supporting our churches.
7. The Lydia Auxiliary of Lagos West Conference.
8. The Lydia Auxiliary of Ondo State Baptist Conference
9. Bowen University. The school sends short term missionaries to our field every year.
10. The Nigerian Baptist Theological Seminary, Ogbomoso. The School sends short term missionaries to our field every year. We sincerely thank everyone for your timely support.
11. Halleluyah Baptist Church, Ila-Orangun
OUR URGENT MISSION NEEDS
- Your Prayer
- Motorcycles for field pastors
- One set of laptop computer and printer for reporting and recording
- One set of Photo camera for field use
- Roofing of Hallelujah Baptist Church
- Completion of Dominion Baptist Church
- Repairing of our only flying boat
Our Contact Address
1. The Director,
Global Mission Board Office,
Total Garden Ibadan
2. Rev. & Mrs. Solomon and Ruth Olaniran
Tel: 08032172082, 08075264178